Winter



The Freezer
By Eileen Armstrong
(age 9)


            The freezer flies through the trees as it brings winter to the forest as it paints the trees white and turns the pond solid. It makes the trees bend and paints over the leaves which makes them white. It howls and screams makes you shiver. It is the wind.


The Frost


He whooshes over the hills.
And zooms under the sills.
Swishes through the forest.
Stomped through the florist.
Squeaks on the roof.
I heard him though it was squeak proof!
Squawks in front of the store.
Bringing winter to the door.
For a chill hangs in the air.
Which chills your hair.
For soon the snow shall come this year.
Soft and sparkling and slow my dear.




Winter

Snow flakes that fall in winter are like a soft
Fluffy blanket
Which covers the town, trucks
And tulips.
It gets as cold a freezer and the pond freezes
Over each winter.
Bears, squirrels, and chipmunks all hibernate
And all the birds go south.
There are stars that fall and twinkle on the ground,
And if you listen carefully you might here a sound
Chirp chirp chirp as a cricket sings a lullaby
To her little ones and tries to
Go to sleep for the winter.



Winter walk

There was a time when I was calm.
My cat running round.
The snow was so cold all a round.
The forest was white with snow around me.
Then something creaked, and squeaked, and moaned.
There was a time when I was frightened
My cat moaned for food.
The wind went whoosh and made the trees creek.
The mice squeaked loud for cheese.
Then out of the forest I ran scared way to much.
Now I’m safe at home.


(original and unedited)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these poems, Eileen!
Lots of action words.
Keep up the good work!
Sunny

Lin Prescott said...

Brrrrrr... your words do paint a picture in my mind of winter! I really like the Winter walk especially , and yes, I am always glad to be back home safe and warm after a walk in the snow...

Ana said...

I'm looking forward to hearing about what Spring will inspire you!
Well done, Ana

LinkWithin