My Day With Horses


My Day With Horses
by
Hope Berkheiser
(age 10)



Horses are one of my favorite animals. Going to the Farm Show to see horses is a special memory. When we went past the arena there were large horses pulling different types of wagons. The horses were black, grey, and white Percherons. On the horse’s harnesses, bells jingled while the horses trotted. There were various types of wagons, most of them were shiny and red.

A highlight of the show was seeing one of the horses in person after the performance. We spoke to his owner and he told us his horse’s name was, Ian. He was black with a blaze on his nose. His nose touched the top of my head, and his hooves looked as big as a bowl! We got to stroke his soft nose for a little while. I had an enjoyable time watching these magnificent animals.



(original and unedited)


If you are between the ages of 4-14,(or know someone who likes to write stories)
I would like to post your story here. Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!


Signed,
Wiggles the Polliwog

5 comments:

Joanne Sher said...

Great details and descriptions, Hope! Sounds like it was a wonderful memory!

Yvonne Blake said...

I'm allergic to horses, but I like looking at them, especially the huge farm horses.

It looks like you had a great day.

Dee Yoder said...

Hope, you're a wonderful writer! I enjoyed your story very much. I'm so glad you had a great day. It's fun to get to see the horses when you love them so much. Thanks for sharing your story.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your story a lot, Hope.
Good descriptions.
Keep writing!

Sunny

BethL said...

I enjoyed this wonderful account with all the sights and sounds so vividly described. You put me right there with you, I could see it all. Thanks for sharing your story, Hope.

LinkWithin