The Hummingbird

The Hummingbird
by 
Grace Berkheiser
(age 11) 


“What would it be like to be a humming bird?” wondered Lilly.

 “I don’t know. I think it would be very busy. Humming birds always seem to always be going a mile a minute,” answered Rose.

“Well, I suppose it would be somewhat busy but, they don’t fly all the time. And I think it must be delightful to fly around and drink sweet nectar from the flowers,” said Lilly.

“Yes, and they are beautiful even if they have to be in the right light for you to see their colors,” agreed Rose.

“But, I think I wouldn’t be a humming bird even if it were possible,” Lilly decided.

“Me neither. I believe it’s much better to be content with what God made you,” Rose said.

(original and unedited)


This story is the homework of the Polliwog Writing Lesson 16 "Let's Talk About It",
where they learned to use dialogue in their writing.

 If you are between the ages of 4-14,(or know someone who likes to write stories)I would like to post your story here. Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!

 Signed,
Wiggles the Polliwog

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Grace!Keep writing.:)

Hope

Joanne Sher said...

Very nice, Grace! You learned your lesson well, and told a delightful story at the same time. Good job!

Yvonne Blake said...

Hummingbirds are so beautiful. This is a great story, Grace.

LinkWithin