The Christmas Story



The Christmas Story
by
Eileen Armstrong
(age 11)


Once there was three wise men who saw up in the sky,
a star so vary bright and they knew just why.
“the king is born” they said glee.
“Let us bring gifts of three”
frankincense, gold, and myrrh too,
I think he will like them do you?
So off they rode so gallantly,
then some shepherds saw some thing holy.
Angles were all around,
then they all made a sound.
“the king is come,
now all must run!
Tall or short big or small
come and see the king you all!
So all went to the stale,
where the king lay altho small,
he would save one and all.
Then came the wise men frankincense, gold, and myrrh,
but then no one would stir.
For he awoke and smiled,
for he was a dear child.
Destined from birth
to save every one on earth.
(original and unedited)



If you are between the ages of 4-14,
(or know someone who likes to write stories)
I would like to post your story here.
Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!

Signed,

Wiggles the Polliwog

2 comments:

Joanne Sher said...

Wonderful retelling, Eileen! You are very talented. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Eileen, Your Grand parents,all four of us, are very proud of you. I know I am speaking for those in Memphis but, I am sure they agree.
papa Frank

LinkWithin