In Search of a Normal Life, Part Thirteen

In Search of a Normal Life
by
Rowan Champeon
(age 11)





PART THIRTEEN

When I woke up I was tied up and a guy was pointing a gun at me so I was stunned. Turns out that guy was Rakmid. Once he knew I was stunned he put the gun in his pocket.
            “There you go, there you go. Well, we finally caught you. Now to explain where you are:
You are in a boat bound for the Military headquarters. This cabin is placed on the front of the boat with windows facing out to the stormy sea and they have no glass in them. Your bed is placed so that when a wave hits this boat you get drenched I don't like the idea but the captain says its the only room available,” said Rakmid.
            “Somehow I doubt this is the only room available for me,” I said with a smile.
            “You know I think I should talk to the captain about that” said Rakmid. Then I noticed these things:
The room had the smell of sea water. The bed felt like I was sleeping on rocks instead of a bed. There was a sound coming from below deck. It sounded like all the people were having a party instead of supper. A very loud party at that. The room was so cramped that it only could fit one bed and a one person and nothing more. When you had to go out of the room you had to crouch down because the room wasn't tall enough for a regular person to stand up in. Not only that but you had to go out a very short hallway. It was very hard to sleep much less live in this room.
            “If you need to go to the bathroom you just step out of bed and turn left. Now I'm going to have some supper I haven't eaten in hours go bye,” said Rakmid, walking out the door.
            “By the way we are going to be at the headquarters in just a week,” said Rakmid, crushing my. hopes of escape. In just a week I would still be trying to get over the sickness I get from seeing a gun and would be in no condition to escape. If I was going to be back in the Military there would be only one place they would send me. my home, and then how hard could it be to escape. If only I had known how long till that would happen. You see it would be another year until I would see my home town. I could escape. Then I went unconscious didn't know what I was doing until about a week. Then I most definitely could know what was happening.
            “You weakling, get up,” said a guard with a long zapping electric spear.
            “Yes get up” said another guard.
            “I'm getting up, I'm getting up,” I said trying to get up as fast as I could with me being sick. Then they took me out of the boat, down a cargo ramp, and on the dock were a jeering laughing crowd awaited me.
            “Look! Its the great power who has gotten away twice, bask in his glory,” said one, as he gave his son a bunch of trash, which his son immediately thew at me.
            “Silence! He's very dangerous even if he is too sick to use his powers,” he said as more trash was thrown at me and they begin to throw smelly rotten fruit at me.
When the guards had enough of the jeering and laughing and the throwing of trash and rotten fruit they ordered the crowd to go away. By the time the streets were clear we had gotten to the Military base.
            “Here we are at the place were they will decide what to do with you” he said.

(to be continued)

(original and unedited)

If you are between the ages of 4-18,
(or know someone who likes to write stories)
I would like to post your story here.
Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!
Signed,
Wiggles the Polliwog

No comments:

LinkWithin