Camp Journal




Samuel Shunk (age 12)
June 17, 2016
Day 1 at Great Pond

Me and my family have just moved in. We are quite happy with it. A lot of our stuff fell out of the trunk when we opened it, there were no injuries, but it was scary. Me and my family just got accuainted with the neighbors. Right now I'm on the top bunk. My parents and 2 of my siblings have gone for a walk and really don't know when they will get back.

We went to the lodge and played ping-pong, went kayaking, fishing, and had a good time. now we are roasting marshmellows over the fire. We just saw a mouse run into our yurt. Eek! The campfire is over, only a few ashes are burning.We are about to go to the bath house to brush our teeth. We're ending off the day saying - shhhh! My little sister is sleeping. Tomorrow I hope to wake to a bright happy day full of adventures.

First Night

In bed I counted sheep, soccer balls, tennis balls, gulf balls, basket balls. In the end I had counted to 2,000! Before I went to sleep we went to bed we heard the dishes rattaling. At first I thought we where being robbed! I looked over and couldn't see anything, my dad went over and shone his flashlight over the dishes. Then I saw a little mouse run across the counter! Soon my dad caught the mouse and took it outside, soon I fell asleep.

Day 2

We are getting ready to have a big breakfast with some of our friends that are camping. Its probably the slowest part of the camping trip ever! Some of kids here are riding bikes. Im going to ride mine later. My dad is getting sausages and eggs to cook for breakfast. Me, my mom, and my 2 younger siblings just went to the lodge. I ran the whole way back just now. Whew! Everyone is now arriving, breakfast is soon! I can't wait.

I just fininshed a breakfast of eggs, sausages, hasbrowns, and donuts, delicious. We will probably go t the lodge next. There is a lot of riding bikes around here now, I am going to go join them.

We went down to the lodge with my family and friends, we played multiple games of round robin ping-pong. My dad rented a boat. We went fishing in it, but we didn't catch anything. right now we're going to have lunch any minute now.

I am going to eat an MRE - a type of pacage that has a small oven and great food. You can only get them if one of your family members is in the Military. My MRE is labeled with Spaghetti with Beef and Sace. Yum!

We are getting our swim suits on and then go to the lodge to swim. Right now Im eating Skittles. Yum! We had a great time at the lodge, we went fishing but didn't catch anything. We are eating a big meal of corn, chicken, steak, beans, salad. I think we're going on a big fishing trip after dinner.

We played with a giant frisbee. I was fun to throw arround. When we went to the lodge some people went inside to play round robin ping-pong. I decided to play inside and did the right choice. They caught no fish.

day 3

We ate Breakfast,and then we had devotions with our neighboring campers. Right now we are packing up our things into our suitcases, and then pack them in the trunk, and on top of the van.

We had a great time here at the yurt. We hope that anyone who lives here for a camping trip will have as much fun swimming, playing in the lodge, boating, kayaking, and just plain camping as we did. We hope to come here agian!!


(original and unedited)


If you are between the ages of 4-12,
(or know someone who likes to write stories)
I would like to post your story here.
Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!
Signed,
Wiggles the Polliwog

No comments:

LinkWithin