What Arbor Day Means to Me




What Arbor Day Means to Me
by
Landis Beverly
(age 10)

When I think about Arbor Day it makes me think of a tree I planted when I was 3 years old. It was as tall as me back then now it is about four feet taller than me.

Every morning when I came down the stairs I would look out a window and I would see this tree I planted long ago. When I was little I used to believe that every time I looked out the window that the tree would grow.

Over the years I've been looking at tall the tree has grown. Every time I see I remember the day I planted it.

(Original and Unedited)

For more information about Arbor day, (Click Here).
Landis lives in Nebraska, where National Arbor Day was established.

3 comments:

Joanne Sher said...

What a neat way to approach this topic, Landis! I enjoyed your story. It must be neat to have that tree out there. Keep writing, and thanks for sharing.

Sara Harricharan said...

A lovely memory of arbor day. I really enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

How cool to plant a tree when you're little
so you can both grow up together. Thanks
for this story, Landis!
Keep writing.
Sunny

LinkWithin