An Exciting Earthquake


A Exciting Earthquake
by
Grace Berkheiser
(age 10)

There are special moments scattered throughout life, and one of my most exciting moments came on an ordinary day. I was helping my six-year-old brother, J.J, with his math paper. Our dad was sitting across from us at the other end of the table when it began to vibrate.

We thought Dad was shaking the table and he thought that someone might be running down the hall. But by then it wasn’t just the table that was moving. The whole house swayed! My Dad, who’s been in a earthquake before, explained what was going on. The moving and shaking went on for a while, then slowed and stopped.

After the convulsions ended we talked about where we were and what it felt like when the earthquake struck. Maybe you wouldn’t consider this a special day, but it was special for me.


(original and unedited)


If you are between the ages of 4-14,(or know someone who likes to write stories)
I would like to post your story here. Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!

Signed,
Wiggles the Polliwog

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good descriptions in your
story, Grace.
Keep writing!

Sunny

Joanne Sher said...

Earthquakes can be scary. You did a great job of describing what happened. I've been in a lot of them, and hope that I'm done hehe.
Thanks for sharing your writing!

LinkWithin