The Man of God


The Man of God
by
Ashley Jones
(dedicated to her father)
(age 14)


He wakes up very early when everyone else is asleep,
He goes downstairs so silently, he doesn't make a peep.
On his knees he talks to God, "Thank you for my children and my wife,
but thank you most especially for my very blest life."
As he opens up his Bible he thinks how great Sunday will be.
He turns the tear-stained pages, "this old book is the key."
"Lord speak to me that I may preach to my flock on how to act,
I want to show them what is wrong and what the Bible says is fact."
We should be thankful for these men of God and what they do each day.
Take some time right now to pray, these God fearing men are the way.



(original and unedited)



If you are between the ages of 4-18,
(or know someone who likes to write stories)
I would like to post your story here.
Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!

 Signed,
Wiggles the Polliwog

2 comments:

Lydia W. said...

Great job, Ashley! Glad to see you're now a Polliwog kid!

Laury said...

That was a very nicely written poem and exactly true. We need to pray for our men of God. And because of you, I just did! Thank you!

LinkWithin