God's Own Choir


God’s Own Choir
by
Zachoia Cooper
(age 14)


Upward there shines a twinkling star
I see it through the shades, ajar
I close my eyes then look again
Light piercing black, come from afar
Behold, upward, a shining star

Downward, there grows a blade of grass
To cheer a lad, to cheer a lass
I smile, too, whene’er I gaze
Outside, beyond my window glass
Behold, downward, a blade of grass

Heav'n bound, there goes a blazing spark
Against the black, the change is stark
Of embers bursting upon the scene
To alleviate the pressing dark
Behold, heav'n bound, a blazing spark

Earthbound, there falls a drop of rain
To fall on mountain, hill, or plain
It falls, then drains, evaporates
Becomes a cloud, then falls again
Behold, earthbound, a drop of rain.

Drops of rains form bogs of mire
(The rain condensed from raining prior)
Stars illuminate night air
A blade of grass, a spark of fire
Creation sings, tis God’s own choir.


(original and unedited)

If you are between the ages of 4-18,
 (or know someone who likes to write stories)
 I would like to post your story here.
Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!

 Signed,
Wiggles the Polliwog

1 comment:

BethL said...

That is an amazingly beautiful poem, masterfully crafted. You are very talented.

LinkWithin