The Thing in the Closet




The Thing in the Closet
by Simon Slider
 (Age 11)


I was about to go to bed
When I suddenly heard a noise!
I looked and looked and looked around
And determined it wasn’t in my toys.
I was about to give up
But then I heard it again!
It was so ominous and creepy
It scared me out of my skin.
Then the noise got louder and louder
And suddenly it was clear
It was coming from my closet 
And so I decided to take a peer.
The thing I saw made me
Hoot and holler and laugh
It was just my kitten Dexter
Who really needed a bath!




(original and unedited)




If you are between the ages of 4-12,
(or know someone who likes to write stories)
I would like to post your story here.
Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!
Signed,
Wiggles the Polliwog

1 comment:

Yvonne Blake said...

Simon, I love the suspense. You did a great job with the rhythm and rhyme. Keep it up.

LinkWithin