In Search of a Normal Life, Part Four


In Search of a Normal Life
by
Rowan Champeon
(age 11)







PART FOUR


 “now the first thing we will talk about is the DNA code for different kinds of powers,” she said,

  I flinched.
            
  "Now we will talk about the most deadly power of this age and it's DNA code. By the way he has officially gone missing” said the teacher.
            
“What, where to, why, how?” asked the entire class except me.
            
“We don't know” the teacher answered.
            
“But we do know that he looks like this,” the teacher said holding up a picture of me.
           
  “Anyway we have a person here who not only made the power who has gotten away but knows all about powers, their DNA code and how to breed them. Mask would you come forward please” the teacher said.
           
  “sure teacher. There's nothing to it,” Mask said.
            
“Anyway back to what I was talking about.” the teacher said.
            
“So the trick to making powers is: I don't know”
           
  “but Mask does so you can ask him. Class is over you have to do a report on powers for your homework,” the teacher announced

slumped into my chair while all the other students crowed around Mask and stormed him with questions.
          
  “How are powers made?”
            
“What does DNA have to do with powers?”
           
  “have you graduated from collage?” asked many of the students in the class.
           
  “Why aren't you asking me questions,” said Mask through the crowd.
            
“I don't know,” I said.
            
“Look at the time. It's time for my police shift, got to go.” I said as I left.
           
He isn't normal, is he?” one of the students in the class said.

Then I arrived at the local police station.  “Hi, I came here to begin my night shift” I said.
           
  “you're here early,” said the man at the big desk.
           
  “well, we had better start training you then,” he said.
           
  “The first thing you need to know is how to check a car or truck's speed.”
           
  “How might one do that?” I asked.
           
  “Well it's not that easy. You see, many cars have equipment to throw you off track,” said the big man at the big desk. “Anyway in order to not be thrown off track you have to be really smart or a quick learner,” he said.
           
  “It's even harder at night. The easiest way to know is to check your speed and then how far he is ahead of you and figure out based on your speed how fast you would have to be going in order to see how fast he is going. Once you learn that it's very easy.”
           
  “Although it is extremely hard to do at night but I think you can do it.” he said
           
  “Ok then let's do it,” I said.

            
“Good. Now go and practice till you do it automatically, and do it till 1:00 in the morning,” he said.

(to be continued)


(original and unedited)



If you are between the ages of 4-18,
(or know someone who likes to write stories)
I would like to post your story here.
Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!
Signed,
Wiggles the Polliwog

No comments:

LinkWithin