God Has a Plan for You





God Has a Plan for You
by
Elias Dodge
(age 11)


As I am writing this note, my cousin is in the Boston Children's Hospital because his donor heart is failing him. When he was only 2 years old he had a heart transplant. He told me that he had a vision of Jesus coming into that hospital room, and saying "I have plans for you". I've heard kids argue with him saying that this is not true, yet I believe that Jesus can come to anybody as they are. 

The Bible says In Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future".

 In Romans 5:3-4 Paul says "not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope."

 So through these sufferings you may be going through God is going to produce a person out of you for his plans. God is going make you a person that you could never become. I have 4 brothers God is going to make me patient, loving, kind, and many other things through having my brothers. 

In Matthew 5:4 Jesus says "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."   



(original and unedited)


If you are between the ages of 4-12,
(or know someone who likes to write stories)
I would like to post your story here.
Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!
Signed,
Wiggles the Polliwog

2 comments:

Elias Dodge said...

Please pray for my cousin Joe.
Signed Elias :) the polliwog kid.

Laury said...

Good job, Elias! I believe God does have plans for us, even for kids who may sit in a hospital room. Very good writing. You did a great job!

LinkWithin