In Search of a Normal Life, Part Five


In Search of a Normal Life
by
Rowan Champeon
(age 11)





PART FIVE

When I entered the room I was assigned to I found Vinda and Lyda waiting for me.
            “Ok, now we all have to live together in the same room which means we have to get along together whether we want to or not so I think that first you and Vinda meet each other properly. Vinda this is Mike. Mike this is Vinda.”
            “Hello, I'm sorry about how that went. I used to not have the anyone helping me pay for collage so I got a job. The job didn't give me the money to pay for dinner so I would get guys to pay for my dinner. Now I do it without thinking so when we first met I did that without thinking but I do want to have dinner with you and Lyda I'm trying to not do that,” said Vinda.
            “Do or do not, there is no try,” I said.
            “Don't quote star wars to me. I have watched all the star wars movies starting with star wars the clone wars episode 1,” Vinda said.
            “Vinda, remember what we talked about?” was Lydas response.
            “Yes, older sister,” said Vinda.
            “You two are sisters, but you two look nothing alike,” I said.
            “We know, Vinda was adopted,” said Lyda.
            “Lyda!” yelled Vinda so everyone on the compound could hear her.
            “Vinda, don't yell!” responded Lyda equally as loud.
            “I can't help but yell,” said Vinda more quietly this time.
            “Look, if you don't want Vinda to yell don't yell yourself!” I said above their arguing.
            “I'm sorry, don't get into our family problems!” said Lyda again.
            “I'm going to do my studies,” I said going out of the room, but instead of doing my studies I listened outside the door to see what would happen.
            “Great,” said Vinda.
            “Now he thinks we're both a bunch of jerks. How will we ever get him to be our friend?” said Vinda trying to whisper but not doing a good job of it.
            “I personally think we should get rid of your problem's before we try to move towards doing that,” said Lyda.
            “You have lots of problems to.” said Vinda.
            “Well at least I have them under control,” said Lyda. They went on for the next few minutes like that.
            “You do not have your problems under control!”
            “true, but they don't show.”
            “Yes, they do.”
            “No, they actually don't.”
            “Ok you win. I give up. I should take control of my problems.”
            “Thank you, and yes you should. I will work on my problems as well, ok?” said Lyda.
            “Ok, thank you, Lyda you really are a great sister.” said Vinda.
            “yes, I am,” said Lyda.
            “Last one to see what Mike is doing gets to pay for dinner,” said Vinda.
            “Don't run inside!” yelled Lyda.
            “Ok, I will walk slowly and not run,” said Vinda.
Then Lyda whispered something so quietly that I couldn't hear her.
            “See, I told you just now that we shouldn’t have argued or he would eavesdrop just because he's the kind of guy who is very curious,” said Lyda.
            “So how did you know?” responded Vinda,
            “Because he seemed to not like to hear us ague,” said Lyda joking.
            “Well, I should get some sleep now. It's going to be a long night as a police man trying stop people from speeding. Expect me here before the sun rises,” I said  as I walked out the door a while later.

(to be continued)





(original and unedited)



If you are between the ages of 4-18,
(or know someone who likes to write stories)
I would like to post your story here.
Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!
Signed,
Wiggles the Polliwog

No comments:

LinkWithin