"An Evening with My Brother"



An Evening with My Brother
by 
Elias Cooper
(age 11)


When I was nine years old, my brother Eric and I went biking but I fell and got hurt on the biking trail. Since we could not bike anymore, I suggested that we go out to eat. Eric took me to a seafood restaurant called Lobster Tail. It was the longest day of the year in June, and I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Eric ordered an appetizer bowl of steamed clams for us to share.

When it comes to seafood, I am a shellfish geek. I ordered fried clams for my main meal, and Eric ordered more steamed clams for himself.  While we ate our food, we talked about clams and how expensive the menu was.

There was a beautiful, fake waterfall at the restaurant. It was fun to watch.  Our grayish-blonde waitress was very nice to us. She wanted to make sure we were comfortable.  On the tip, I wrote "Awesome!". Eric and I had a fun time together, and I forgot about the bike injury that occurred earlier in the day.

(assignment for Lesson 14 of Polliwog Writing Lessons)


If you are between the ages of 4-12,
(or know someone who likes to write stories)
I would like to post your story here.
Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!
Signed,
Wiggles the Polliwog

No comments:

LinkWithin