The Forest Pool



The Forest Pool
by
Grace Berkheiser
(age 10)

As the sun comes up at morning's dawn,
A mother deer with little fawn
Come to drink at the forest pool
Where the water flows fresh and cool.

Nearby in a tree a robin sings,
Then off he flies on swift little wings.
Close by a squirrel looks and peeps
Out of a tree where at night he sleeps.

A rabbit come, and for a drink, stops,
Then off he goes with many hops.
It's full of life near the forest pool
Where the water flows fresh and cool.

(Original and unedited)



If you are between the ages of 4-14,(or know someone who likes to write stories)I would like to post your story here. Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!

Signed, Wiggles the Polliwog

8 comments:

Joanne Sher said...

That poem is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, Grace! I could picture it so well. Thank you so much for sharing your writing talent!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your lovely poem, Grace
Very good job!
Please continue writing.

Sunny

Anonymous said...

Great Job, Grace! Auntie Di

Anonymous said...

Oma really likes your poem, Grace! Keep writing.

Catrina Bradley said...

I love this poem, Grace. I felt like I was sitting in the cool forest watching the animals. Great Job!

Anonymous said...

Hi Grace, your writing is absolutely beautiful! I love the poem and hope to read more from you. Keep up the good work! ... Claudia

Anonymous said...

the pepere---you have your mothers gift of story telling--very good job.hope to see more --come to maine for inspiration :)

Rachel Berkheiser said...

Nice poem Grace- is there a real forest pool that inspired it?

Keep writing=) I look forward to more of your work.

Aunt Rachel

LinkWithin