It Would Be Fine


It Would Be Fine

by
Mercedez Whitmore
(age 9)


Oh, it would be fine to go under the sea
and watch all the fish swim free,
but we'll maybe find a shark
and we might get so scared we'll bark!

Maybe we'll discover a sunken ship
and that would be such a great trip.
We'll pretend we're finding the titanic,
but we'll probably still panic
because our submarine needs a mechanic!

But I prefer staying home
so I won't be alone.
I have friends, I have family
and I can see the stars up above
I can read I can play
as long as I have friends everyday.

Those places might be fun to see
but if you stay home
you can still visit these places
while you read.

(original and unedited)



If you are between the ages of 4-14,(or know someone who likes to write stories)I would like to post your story here. Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!

Signed,
Wiggles the Polliwog

3 comments:

Joanne Sher said...

What a great poem! I loved your line about the mechanic. I was absolutely NOT expecting that!
Keep writing, Mercedez!

Yvonne Blake said...

Mercedez, I love your poem. I hope you write more of them.

Anonymous said...

I love this poem, Mercedez!
Good descriptions. Please keep
writing!

Sunny

LinkWithin