Balls

Summer Writing Contest 
(BALLS)





 Balls
by 
Ashley Jones
(age 15)

Dribbling the ball down the court,
Basketball is a wonderful sport.

Hearing the crack of a bat,

Baseball players are great at that.

Through the goal posts the football does fly.

Watch those guys run on by.
There is a silence as the player takes his swing,
Playing golf is a wonderful thing.
Kicking the ball, look at it go.
Soccer players zig-zag to and fro.
Hit the ball with your hand,
You don't want the volleyball to land in the sand.
So little time, yet so much to do,
Which sport is the favorite one to you?





If you are between the ages of 4-18,
(or know someone who likes to write stories)
I would like to post your story here.
Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!

 Signed,
Wiggles the Polliwog

1 comment:

Lydia W. said...

Well done, Ashley! Volleyball is my favorite, but I have great memories of backyard softball too!

Very nice job describing each one.

LinkWithin